Accessible Customer Service Plan/Policy
Providing Goods and Services to Ontarians with Disabilities
HAHN Investment Stewards Inc is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we may have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons. We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and our website.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, we will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at our Reception area.
We will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. This training will be provided to new staff in a reasonable period of time after hiring.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Our plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the any equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that assist with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on how we provide goods and services to people with disabilities can do so in writing, by email through our website, by phone, or in person. All feedback, including complaints, will be forwarded to Compliance for review. Customers can expect to receive a response, if they have requested one, within 30 days. Modifications to this or other Policies
Any policy of ours that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Availability of Documents
Any documents required by this Policy are available to customers upon request, and such documents or the information contained in such documents shall be provided in a format that takes into account the person’s disability.